Why do we sell beef in wholes, ½'s, ¼'s
This is done to meet USDA requirements. We are a 'custom exempt vendor'. The USDA allows you to buy directly from me as long as we meet certain criteria:
- We mark the cut beef “not for resale” so you can not sell it to someone else.
- Our meat is processed at a USDA inspected facility as a custom processor.
We make the following information available to our customers:
- Live Weight
- Carcass Weight
- Predetermined Price you pay by weight
This information is kept on record at our office and available upon request. If you were to go to a grocery store and purchase the same cuts and quantities you receive in our packages, you could pay 25% to 40% more.
WHY BUY FROM US RATHER THAN A GROCERY STORE?
There are 4 reasons to buy from us rather than a grocery store.
First, because you know our beef comes from the United States. You don't really know where your beef comes from in a grocery store. Although it may be marked from the US it is most likely from another country. Most grocery store meat comes from packing houses, which are allowed to ship meat in from other countries, typically Mexico or South America, and because it was cut up here they can label it a US product. Is beef regulated in other countries the same as US beef? No. Sound crazy? Don't take my word for it, do your own homework. This link will get you started:
Our beef is not raised using hormones, antibiotics or growth stimulants of any kind.
The second reason to buy our beef is to support your local economy. We use local feed producers, local shippers, local processors. Spending your hard earned money with us means we don't send it somewhere else. Again, don't take my word for it, here is a link to get you started:
- The third reason to buy from us is that our cattle are born here in Cottondale, Florida on our farm. We love our cattle and raise them caringly and with great thought. They live in a natural environment.
- The fourth reason to buy our beef is value. We, and many of our customers, have done price comparisons between our prices, and buying the same quality and quantity at a grocery store. Our findings were a savings of anywhere from 25% to 40% when you purchase from us. Our best customer is an educated consumer.
Safe Handling Practices
- Our beef has been cryogenically frozen when it is delivered to you. You should store it in the freezer immediately.
- When defrosting meat in the refrigerator, place a dish under it to catch any juices.
- Use refrigerated meat within 2 days of thawing.
- Refrigerate any leftovers within 2 hours of cooking.
- Wash your hands before and after handling any raw meat.
- Keep raw meat and juices separated from other foods.
- Wash all utensils and surfaces with hot soapy water after contact with raw meat.